About JPEG images files
JPEG is named after its creator Joint Photographic Expert Group it is the most common image format that is used to store pictures/photos widely. There are a number of advantages of .jpg photo format one among them is that it takes a less volume to more data. When JPG files are saved they use “lossy” compression which means it loses its image quality as the file size is increased or decreased. The files have the extension .jpeg or .jpg which is most common file type of images that are taken with the digital cameras and thus it is widely used for photos and other graphics that are used by the websites. It allows some degree of file size reduction without losing the quality of the image. But this makes the file size very low amd as a result the image becomes “muddy”.
How JPEG File corrupts/damage or deletes - Reasons behind the Issue!
- Accidental deletion of pictures by accidentally pressing of wrong button of the digital camera.
- Format of the memory card or disk that contains the batch of JPG files results to loss of the files.
- Corruption of storage media (memory card, USB drive, hard drive etc.) that causes inaccessibility of the JPEG files.
- The JPEG photos converts to RAW or split into two parts or photo contents get lost etc.
- By using same memory card that contains the JPEG images, for different cameras or on different computers leads to either formatting of memory card or file system that results to loss of the image files.
- When the drives stores a large amount of data but the system shows that it is empty then it is hard to access the JPEG files that are stored in it.
How to repair damaged or corrupted JPEG files
JPEG can require less space to store large volumes of data. However there are chances that you accidentally remove the JPG files from the computer by emptying from the computer or the digital camera or by the phone or flash memory. Or even the images get badly damaged and as a result looks blur. The easiest and the quickest way to repair and restore JPEG files is by the help of JPEG File Repair Tool. This software is very effective and efficient tool for fixing any type of errors related to the image files and helps you to recover the lost JPEG images and photos back to you from any storage media, camera or even hard disks. This tool can recover corrupt files and restores the corrupted graphics files. This software basically helps you to recover corrupt part of the jpg images like header and recovers back the corrupted jpg files to its original format.
Features of JPEG Repair Tool
- Repairs JPG file - This repair tool helps you to repair damaged or corrupted JPG image files and helps you to recover back them from the hard disks, memory cards, memory sticks or other secondary storage media. This tool repairs completely unreadable JPG files even the header file corruption, corrupt JPEG data, or invalid JPG file structure etc. .
- Extracts and Repairs Thumbnail - This repair tool easily helps you to extract and repair the embedded thumbnail images of the JPEG files without losing its quality. It the file contains multiple thumbnails the tool extracts all of them and numbers them in a sequence.
- Generates Preview of Repaired Imagese - This repair tool provides you with the option to have preview of the repaired images after finishing off the scanning process. This functionality helps you to check for the inconsistencies in the images the software has repaired.
- Saving off the repaired files - This file repair tool not only helps you to repair the corrupt and damaged JPEG files it even helps you to save them. You can save the repaired images at any location of your choice. This tool even helps you to save the thumbnails of the repaired files in a separate folder.
- User friendly GUI - This repair tool helps you to repair your JPEG files with the help of its easy user interface. You can see exact progress bars while the process of scanning or saving process is continuing. After the completion of the recovery process it shows appropriate messages to notify that the task is successfully completed.
- Faster, Improved Scanning Engine - This Repair tool scanning engine has improved the performance of the repaired file. The software conveniently scans multiple JPEG files in a batch and gives the precise results in the expected time.
Steps to Repair JPEG File with Ease!
Complete instructions, how to use JPEG File Repair Tool is explained below. So go with the following steps before doing it practical
Step 1: The JPEG File Repair Tool main interface provides “Repair JPEG” and “Extract Thumbnail” choices. To repair your JPG files use “Repair JPEG” whereas to extract only the thumbnails of the files use “Extract Thumbnail” option. Click on the appropriate button to proceed.
Step 2: After this Click on the “Add File” button to add the files which are to be repaired, you can even add multiple files. Select the file from the left panel and click on “Remove from the list” for removing the files from the “list of JPEG files” that are not required to repair or if you want to repair all the files then Click on the “Select All” button that allows you to select all the added JPEG files at once and “Unselect All” to deselect all the listed files. Then click on the “Repair File” to initialize the repairing process.
Step 3: Once the software scans and repairs the corrupted and lost JPEG files. The repair tool will display all the repaired files in the left pane. If you have selected the “repair JPEG files” then you see a list of JPEG images in thumbnails. After this select the file from the left pane to see the preview in the main interface window. After seeing the preview you can click on the “Save” button for saving the files on the system.
Step 4: If you choose to “Extract the thumbnails” in the main interface then you can add the JPEG files by clicking on the “Add File” button and select the desired files for extracting the thumbnails from the JPEG files.
Step 5: If you choose to extract the thumbnails of the JPEG images then the software will only display the thumbnail images for the preview of the file. Then click “Save” button for saving the thumbnail images of JPEG files to your desired location.
Step 6: After the software finishes the process of saving the repaired file, it will be displayed as a pop-up message as shown above. You can click on it to go to the container folder.